Monday 26 January 2009

New Year, New Book

So my ineptitude at painting, girlfriend's loathing of geekiness and lack of money had completely destroyed my idea of a lizardman force. But I have turned over a new (geekier) leaf and with the new Lizardman book I will have more impetus to finally get a force bigger than 180 half painted points.

So the new changes to the Lizardmen book:
Slann are cheaper but are still pretty good, if not as durable
Carnies are no large targets to Old Bloods are stil good
TG now special, ItP and Stubborn if with Slann, cheaper
Skink "cohorts" cheaper and can have Krox
Skink skirmishers more expensive
Saurus cheaper
Krox got nerfed - S6
Terradons cheaper and different
STEGADONS ARE SPECIAL
Engine of the Gods (kick ass priest upgrade)
Salamanders have changed
New "Razordons" are basically new salamanders.

So how this will affect my army choices:
Slann is still the Lord choice I want, but now it is cheaper (woop)
NEED to get a stegadon with EotG. Means you can have lvl3 caster at <2000 points!
Potential for fast moving army of skinks + Krox instead of plodding Saurus
Need TG for my Slann
Potential use of small Terradons unit
Krox units dont seem to be as good.
Magic items are generally unimpressive.

I will put up a few "Idea lists" that will be 1000 - 1500 points. I doubt if anyone has ever read this but it will give me a good few ideas to build off of.

Ill be posting imminently with my mobile cav list

No comments: